Friday, February 19, 2010

My Heart

BibleGateway - Quick search: praises: "I will be filled with joy because of you.I will sing praises to your name, O Most High."

I sing your praises O Most High...for there is none like you. Truly your grace, your mercy, and unconditional love endure forever!

Who am I that you would think so highly of? You have said I am your child beautifully and fearfully made in your loving image!

I have sought you in the middle of the night, with a heavy heart and streaming tears and you have wrapped you arms around me and held me tight.

You have assured me that you will always be there through it all and I testify that you are faithful! True to your promises!

I blog this morning with a joyful heart....

A few years ago as I've stated before, my health was failing me. At one point my cholesterol level was high..233 to be exact and since this is heart health month, I thought it would be appropriate to testify to God's goodness.

Since then, I've made diet and lifestyle changes. In the process I've learned and continue to learn so much about how our bodies truly work to their highest potential when we put in the nourishment and exercise that allow our body to function at it's optimum capacity!

I have gone from eliminating all meats...which was still fish for me, to eliminating dairy. Here recently, since technically March of 2009, I have been on a mostly raw food diet. A few months ago I had a lipid profile done and received the results recently. My cholesterol level is now at 155! Praise, glory and honor to God! My heart is joyful and grateful. You see, I have a serious family history of high cholesterol and those high levels put you at greater risk for heart disease. I plan not be part of the family statistic, to be around for as long God sees fit so that I may minister and enjoy my family and friends.

He has given me the resources, has placed the needed support in my path, and has simply said, trust me...

This journey thus far has not been easy, but it has proven to draw me closer to my maker and know him in such an intimate way.

God wants the best for his children. I am a living testimony that no matter what others might say or do to discourage you on your journey... trust him...

He will guide you to the resources you need...
He will send the right people in your life to encourage you...
He will never fail!

Journey on

No comments:

Post a Comment