Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ready to sing a tune

Psalm 57:7-11 MSG

7 I’m ready, God, so ready,
ready from head to toe,
Ready to sing, ready to raise a tune:
8 “Wake up, soul!
Wake up, harp! wake up, lute!
Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!”
9 I’m thanking you, God, out loud in the streets,
singing your praises in town and country.
10 The deeper your love, the higher it goes;
every cloud is a flag to your faithfulness.
11 Soar high in the skies, O God!
Cover the whole earth with your glory!
A David psalm

It's been a while since I've posted on my blog. I would
have to say it's reflective of the kind of year 2010 was....especially towards the last half.
In a lot of ways it was Job- like.
I was laid off. My children had to leave a Christian private school because it was no longer affordable. My house is on the brinks of foreclosure and my car was taken away. I will have to say though apart from my son being the sickest for the longest period this Christmas , health was not touched.
However, even the words of some friends and those closest were definitely not what you wanted or needed to hear at the time!!

I remember sitting in my garage blankly staring at my empty driveway with warm tears rolling down my face as my car was taken away . Sadness and anger started setting in. After a few moments what flashed in my head was, "the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away". I reflected on Job's story at which after he lost family, possessions, and health, God's faithfulness prevailed. Job at the end received way more than what he had in the beginning.

That story led me to ponder on God's faithfulness in my life. He has done so much all ready in the aspect of health, friendship, and family that I came to this realization... If God had decided not to do anything else after that moment for me, He had already done enough in my life. An overwhelming sensation of contentment and peace swept over me and I will have to say for the rest of 2010 the warfare increased, but in the midst of it all God was still there and blessed me along the way of which I will soon share how.

I can't lie, I'm glad to see 2010 go!! But I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that being witness to the struggles and demonic strife, brought me through to 2011 with much insight, wisdom, and a closeness to God. So I'm ready, so ready to sing a tune, shout of God's goodness and to let you know though the journey may seem rough at times, He'll never leave you nor forsake you.

Journey on my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment